This policy describes the way that Michael Migration Agents collects, holds and discloses information about individuals. Michael Migration Agents is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy applies only to Michael Migration Agents and not to other companies or organisations’ websites to which Michael Migration Agents is linked.
Protecting confidential information is fundamental to our relationship with our clients and to our business. All information received in connection with a client matter is subject to strict duties of confidentiality. We will not disclose that information except in accordance with our professional obligations, as authorised by the client or as contemplated by this policy.
What kinds of information do we hold?
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information. We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- personal information
- immigration information
- information about people's dealings with us such as our clients.
If you do not give us any of the personal information which we ask you for, it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you as our client.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and related purposes (which are normally obvious when we collect it), including to:
- provide our services to you, to manage and account for the services, and to improve the services
- manage our relationships with you as our clients
- provide you with information about legal developments in immigration, events or other products or services that may interest you
- facilitate our internal business operations, including to fulfil our legal requirements.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- subject to our professional obligations, to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of legal services, such as to the client, regulatory authorities, or advisors (whether in Australia or overseas)
- within Michael Migration Agents
- as required by law subject to our professional obligations, as permitted under the National Privacy Principles
- with your consent
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All Agents have access to confidential information and are subject to confidentiality obligations.
No sale of personnel information
Under no circumstances will Michael Migration Agents sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personnel information.
Access and correction
If at any time you wish to know what information we are holding about you, you are welcome to request your details by contacting us.